Richard Newton has a number of key responsibilities within the CEL team. These include:
- Design and Delivery Lead: NSW DoE Growing Great Leaders (GGL) Program for newly appointed principals (2018-present)
- Design and Delivery Lead: GGL - Growing Great Leaders (face-to-face seminar series)
- Design and Delivery Lead: GGL - Growing Great Leaders online, international
- Design and Delivery Lead: GGL - Growing Great Leaders online, domestic
- Co-design / co-delivery and CEL contract lead - Evolve New Principals Program (2016-present), Victoria
- Design and Facilitation – ‘Better Together Curriculum Problem Solving’ project
- School and Kāhui Ako mentor and facilitator.
In addition, Richard is a fully accredited and experienced facilitator of Open-to-learning™ Leadership (OTL™).
Richard joined CEL in 2016 after a successful 26 year career as a primary principal in Dunedin and rural Otago. He is a former Woolf Fisher Fellow and was a First-time Principal Programme (FTPP) mentor for ten years.
Richard is passionate about the work he undertakes with clients who describe him as a skilled ‘pracademic’ with the ability to ‘link research with the practical world of school leadership in a way that is logical and accessible’.
Mob: +64 27 542 9435